Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #89
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastboy View Post
When I purchased there were almost zero used Axis available. If I were to do it again I would give serious consideration to purchasing a used, one year old model with low mileage. In my thinking it would save the vexation of having to take it back multiple times for the warranty repairs, theoretically they would be handled by then. And the savings would help take care of any holdovers.
Letting an original owner work out the bugs is a theory I often agree with. In the case of Axis & Vegas, it seems that the quality is improving, and you might want to factor that in. You'll probably never know the real reason the last owner moved on. Just because the factory warranty ends doesn't necessarily mean problems are all fixed.

We expect to keep our Vegas for several years, so that 1st year hit will be spread out and not quite as painful. If you are going to trade every 2 or 3 years, you won't suffer as much depreciation with a used purchase. We have used ours about 50 days so far, with only minor issues so far. I think Vegas QC compares very well with comparably priced competitors.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.