Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
Kickstand

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
I despise all those swirls. They’re so busy but with no real artistry to them. I peel off individual swirls whenever I get the chance. I’ve taken perhaps 1/4 off by now. No need for a heat gun, although maybe that would help some, but honestly it’s easy if you go slow and deliberate. Sometimes it will come off in pieces and you need to carefully get it back to full width- otherwise it will get frustrating. Most of the time it comes off in a big satisfying sheet. I’ve had zero glue residue. It seems some colors are harder than others- perhaps they just happen to be thinner or something. The biggest issue is when it goes behind a trim piece that has been caulked. Some areas you’ll destroy the seal and need to re-do, which with silicon means removing all remaining. So some pieces can turn into a larger job. I can faintly see where the removed pieces were, particularly the ones that have been on longer, but it’s not a big deal. I wonder if most of that is dirt on the edges? Hardly noticeable and better than the swirl, that’s for sure. I was surprised how easily they came off. I’ll probably stop at about 1/2.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.