Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Many of our RVs do not have spare tires any more by default...
Some owners have chosen to add a full spare and a mens of carrying it, others carry just the rubber to be mounted if needed, and others just use road service when needed and let them get the replacement tire.
(search on 'spare' or 'spare tire' and I expect you will find more than a few threads with what some here have done. Hint - use 'Advance Search', enter 'spare tire' as keyword, check 'show results as posts' at bottom left... Easiest way I found to get to relevant stuff.)

Which path is based on personal preference and ability...

Changing one of these tires on side of road isn't my idea of fun - and not something I should be doing. I have RV road service and will call if needed... I take my chance that a tire will be readily available wherever I happen to be... or I have a new vacation spot until it is.

My preference is to avoid (as much as possible) the need - have a TPMS system covering RV and toad to detect something going wrong in advance (road hazzard aside of course).

Now knocking on wood of course...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.