Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Yep, no spare on most Class A's, gotta do that yourself. Most dont have a place to fit a spare, I highly doubt you will find space big enough under the coach. I bought a spare tire carrier that fits in the hitch and still allows me to tow. If you have a flat and no spare your options are limited, its best to always have a roadside policy to help you when you break down, if you need a tire you better make sure you have waterproof underwear on when you get their bill cause you will need it. If it is a simple flat that can be plugged they will fix you up and do all the labor. Waiting is the name of the game though, I have heard of people waiting hours upon hours for them to show up and of course I am sure no one calls and says "hey, I am running late" So you have to call the service again and check.

Keep this in mind in an absolute emergency and this is what my plan always was till I bought and added the spare, should you have a flat and assuming you have the tools to jack up and remove the tire, if I had a front flat I would pull one of the duals off the rear on the lightest side and place on the front, which means you are tempting fate but at least you would be mobile, hopefully you have a car that you can throw the bad tire in, dont leave it on the axle flat. Use common sense and drive at a greatly reduced speed till you can get to a repair facility. When you get a flat stop right away because it wont take long to ruin a tire that may only need a plug, big difference between buying a .25c plug or a $300 tire.

I dont know what coach you have but if it is 19.5" tires the rim can be tough to find and I think you need the 6-3/4" rim?? the most common you will find is off the f450 but it isnt wide enough. Be CAREFUL about that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	14885  
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.