Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #7
Bratmanstudio

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I don';t know if it makes a difference or not; but the O.P. is talking about a leveling system, and not stabilizers.
By stabilizers I'm referring to the hydrolic stabilizer legs on the Miramar (I own a 2015 34.2 also) that keeps the coach level and stable when walking around inside. When leveling you want to use blocks under the tires to level the coach as close as possible and then use the leveler legs to keep the coach stable. The lifts may also need pads on the ground like the tires... I've seen coaches, tires off the ground. So now the whole weight of the coach plus occupants rests on a couple of 2" posts and not the big beefy tires. Also never never lift the back tires, that's where the brakes are. Automatic levelers as cool and convenient as they are don't realize the tires may not be touching, that's why you need someone out scouting for you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum