Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
Peterrrr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Ontario
THOR #9081
I installed 560 Watts of Solar(residential panels) using the factory supplied 10 gauge wire from the roof to a compartment next to my batteries. I installed an MPPT solar controller thus made use of the higher voltage(~34volts) from the panels. The panels are hooked in parallel thus I encounter a 4.2 per cent voltage drop. Had I hooked the panels in series it would be a 1.06 per cent drop. From the controller to house terminal post I used 4 gauge wire for a 3 foot run with a bussman 200 amp breaker. Used Blue Sea ON/OFF switch between panels and controller. The two panels have inline 15 amp fuses before joining and going into the roof entry point. The fuses were not needed for two panels but can be used as disconnects. The panels are hard mounted to the roof.
For an inverter I installed an 800 watt with 6 gauge wire to the house terminal post.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.