Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Tytlfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Cooling Refridge night before trip

So, finally taking the Hurricane out on it's first long trip!! San Antonio to Rock Mountains National Park. I want to pre cool the refridge the night before...what is the preferred way to do it? I have 110 volt power available in the garage where I keep the RV. Should I just plug in, leave the kill switch on? Or, Is it OK to leave the propane on, and let it cool that way? If that is an option, does the propane work with the kill switch off? I assume I only need power to light off the refridge pilot, and then it will run...But not sure how safe that sounds to have the propane on without being there to monitor it ;(

thanks, Tom
San Antonio, Tx
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum