Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 02:00 AM   #4
Makerofsawdust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #7902
I originally posted this in the modification thread. This is obviously where it should be.

"I have a problem that is right up this line. While in AZ, we had very cold weather (22 degrees one night) and I noticed water coming out of the overflow in the gravity water fill. Turned off the city water and the overflow stopped. Storage tank was only about 1/4 full when we left home, and now it was full to over flowing. With the city water still turned off, I ran the water pump for a short time, and then turned the city water back on. No more water going to storage tank. The day before we left, I took off the city water hose so I could put it storage and not deal with it in the cold morning. Now, when I run the water pump, it goes out the city water fill! There must be a valve that controls which water (storage or city) goes where, and I think mine has gone bad.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you have to do to correct it?"

I have the freshwater schematic from Thor, but I do not see a reference to any valves.

SOLVED: Anyone want to guess what happens if you put the little wire mesh filter in the wrong way? It holds the little valve in the city water inlet open. Turned wire mesh around, problem gone.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.