Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #23
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey View Post
All of the previous advice is spot on - these are my experiences and recommendations for all things ACE...
1) thorough test drive - if you hear weird squeaks or vibrations, have them checked thoroughly and ask for proof. I complained of a noise and asked them (Camping World) to check the bearings, they said they did and were "fine" but less the 2,000 miles the bearing disintegrated and the front wheel nearly fell off! Took 3 months to get repaired..
2) best bang for buck mods are - "The Cheep Handling Fix" (check IRV2 forum for details, and the RV tuner and tune from 5Star Tuning
(https://5startuning.com/product/2016...loaded-device/)
Both of these made a night and day improvement in the handling, power and drivability/enjoyment of our ACE 29.2!
3) The factory 12 volt batteries are junk, change over to a couple of Costco or Sams 6 volt (golf cart - GC) batteries and install a Flow-Rite RV2000 Pro-Fill RV Edition 2 Battery Kit will make it much easier to maintain your batteries (I updated to 4 golf cart batteries and solar for dry camping..)
Thanks so much. I'd like to speak with you more about the batteries issues & solar. I know the day I had my first visit & drive, the house battery (maybe it was the generator? don't recall) didn't have enough juice to close the slides & we waited about an hour before taking it out on the roads, a freeway, some circle turn lanes & a parking lot. I was fairly comfortable with the driving, the handling sure beats the 5 tons & deuces of my medic days. But I was concerned that the power was too low to close the slides (2) on a new RV. The sales guy & the service dept guy said it wasn't an issue but I felt they weren't comfortable with my questions about batteries, generator, solar possibilities, etc... only part of the day that pinged my spidey sense! I have to go try to sell my subaru forrester right now, I can't dingy tow it, but would love to talk more about this subject, thank you!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum