Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #1
kmhappel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #14024
Help! difference between Triton V10 and V11 and the cost of center console upgrade

Help! I am about to make a down payment on a 2019 Thor 27.7 (Thor designation on a Jan 2018 chassis. I noticed that the other 27.7 model I have as alternative is a 2019 chassis and that the only written difference is that the $15k more expensive DEC 2019 chassis vehicle has a 6.8L 2-Valve SOHC Triton V11 engine and the 2018 has a 6.8L 2-Valve SOHC Triton V10 engine. The 2018 also is missing Sirius XM radio capability and WIFI extender capability. They seem otherwise to be the same. I read the 2018 or 2019 thread and understand that unless Ford changed something in performance or center console capability , the chassis assembly year doesn’t mean much. Does anyone know what the difference between them is?

We are older and this is my promise to my wife (77)…. that we would do this “bucket list” dream of a USA tour together, she has been so patient... So I would hate to screw it up and be kicking myself every time we went up a hill or something or found V11 fixed some long time complaint...

Further, does anyone know if the Sirius XM is just adding an antenna and tuner and plugging them into the console unit. That is all it takes on Sirius compatible Jeeps that don’t have it. If the console on a jeep is not WIFI or Sirius compatible it is also less than a thousand dollars to drop a new one in the jeep that can do everything, Sirius, WIFI, apple play etc. Does anyone know about the Thor center console as well?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum