Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:28 AM   #18
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Thats awesome. Plenty of light.

I just want something simple for now - Like replacing the light bulbs with LED or HID. I might add some LED driving lights later (behind the grill).
Yeah believe me, I understand quick and simple. I just rarely do it. lol. Nothing wrong with it though.

If you're just buying bulbs, HID's will be your brightest and best patterns in the stock housings. LED's will draw way less amperage but the patterns will be hit or miss, mostly miss. If you want more high beam light, just add an LED light bar or a couple single LED lights and you're set. Just decide if you want/need more spot light or more flood light and buy the right one. LED light bars can put out a TON of light fairly wide.

If you want more low beam light, that's a little harder. You can still add some LED fog or driving lights down super low like mine are at the bottom. If they're low enough you won't blind people and you can leave them on all the time. Ideal high beam light would be a giant LED light bar across the top of an RV, but the compromise is possible wind noise issues, that's why I didn't go that route on the front.

So for quick and easy, throw some HID bulbs in the low beam housings. If you put HID's in the high beam housings, realize that they're not going to put out much light until they're warmed up. So clicking back to high beams after having them on low for awhile will mean a delay in decent light until the HID bulbs get up to temp. About that time is when you have to click them back off for an oncoming car! That's why LED's are best for high beams.

httphttps://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum