Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #14
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
My rig is 30A, so I don't have to deal with any of the 50A stuff....
but I do have a 50A to 30A dogbone that I use fairly often. At some point I figured out that when a post has both outlets the 30A is almost always worn out worse than the 50...loose, signs of burning/arcing, etc....
so
when given the choice i now always use the 50A outlet

and about the puck thing.... I'll of course yield to those with much more experience about their reliability....but for my money I would never choose one over a dogbone....if only for the theoretical/plausible issues. I don't know what the connection looks like inside the things...maybe it's solid... but the two external connections are so close together. What if one or both of the outlet connections are little loose...where does that heat go? what does it do? I'm a mechanical guy and electricity is sorta like a second language that I'm fairly fluent in (not totally)...so I don't know for sure, but it seems like the dogbone might be even just a bit more forgiving.
I suppose I should break into one of those hockypuck things to see how they are built....maybe they will actually handle things better than the wire to plug connections in the dogbone.....hummm...something else to consider....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.