Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
OKnative

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3772
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Maybe the hole was small enough, and it leaked so little, that it stopped leaking once the pressure dropped off of it from holding the MH up, that it was un-noticeable.

I am somewhat familiar with ours' operation, Lippert Level Up system, you may have the same system too.
The pairing of cylinders, on hoses like he hasn't experienced much, has more to do with the retracting (raising up).
The control of each jack individually could be accomplished with a properly programmed control panel.

Right now, our control (the brain or computer part), extends them in pairs, be it a side, or an end, and each of the four jacks, individually is, on an end or a side.
There are individual solenoid control valves, on the hydraulic manifold (1 per cylinder), for the control of each jacking cylinder, the system is wired to use two at a time.

I guess, this way, less twisting stresses on the RV's frame, windows, etc, going in pairs vs one jack at a time.
I don't think running one jack cylinder at a time would be easier at leveling out, plus you would not want to crack the windshield, or cause slide out problems.
Thanks. I remember Bruce did explain some of that. I had been using the manual leveling until after Bruce fixed the jacks. Now I can use the auto level and it works much better than it was working before.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.