Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:09 PM   #15
Kickstand

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H Class C
State: California
THOR #7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcopenhaver2@tampabay.rr. View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Outlaw with the Axxera AC615bhm radio and it is a NIGHTMARE to get out as you have to pop out the front of the dash to get at the 8 screws holding in the radio!Thor sent me a replacement radio as mine auto muted and turned off by itself so anyway i had a AVM70 and they sent me a AVM80 and almost everything went back together except a white plug from the RV with a 2 plug prong..Yello and a Grey wire didnt plug into the 3 prong white plug from the new radio with a yellow a red and red and black wire.Im stuck....any advice?

Get both manuals (available online with a google search)- they have the install schematics. It looks like the subwoofer and camera input switched from a pigtail to an input directly on the back of the AVM80. Here’s a pic from my 615 manual. Hopefully you remember what plug went where on the old one so you know what the ‘rv’ wires functions are- it’s the function that matters, and you should have a 1:1 match on that. Colors on wires coming from the RV can change with the wind and switch mid-stream with extensions. My cameras go through an RVS501N switcher, so a manual for that + the 615 is how I figured out how mine was put together. You should be able to find out what camera switcher you have by logging into Thor owner documents and your VIN.

Good luck. Folks say the Axxera are horrible, but I don’t agree. I’ve found them to be temperamental, but not ‘oh my god throw it out’ bad. Maybe that opinion will evolve over time. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	15074

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.