Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
Pops R

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
On my Miramar, I traced a leak to the back side of the Kant Leak panel and found loose connections. Like you stated, like a garden hose connection. I tried to just tighten but to no avail. I finally disconnected and removed the washer and cleaned it thoroughly. I seems it was loose enough to allow some hard water sentiment or maybe even plastic particles from the installation to work their way into that area. Once cleaning and reassembling, I've had no more leaks.

Just a thought.
Thanks for that feed back. I too had to remove the small panel Anderson kant leak LOL because it was leaking. I had to also remove the WHOLE panel as there was some dripping behind it as well. What a chore!

So there are drip leaks and no one sells those washers. I contacted ACCOR who makes those water liens and they affirmed no one sells those washer and they are made specially for them. So they very nicely offered to send me some and I am now waiting to get them.

Unfortunately I can not say the same for Thor. They did send me a private message from here on the forum

"I wanted to make sure you got the help you needed. If not, please call our Support Team @ 877-855-2867 or email us TMCTeam@tmcrv.com and we will gladly address your concern.

Thanks!

Thor Motor Coach Team "

So I did and here is their response

Good afternoon Ron,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this part. Unfortunately, this hose is manufactured with the cone washer inside of it. The washer itself is not available for individual purchase. At this time, you will need to purchase the hose pictured in order to replace the washer. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Max Smith
Customer Service
Thor Motor Coach
Retail: 877-855-2867

OK simple to the point information yet they did not offer to give me any information on ordering this Part from Thor, giving me a part # or any information how to find the right part. I just expected more from Thor.

So OK bottom line is yes one can look for an RV braided water line on eBay and I did.

You can go to Home Depot or Lowes and find a somewhat similar line used in household plumbing but only one end is the plastic screw on and the Motor Home lines they use from ACCOR are both ends have the plastic screw on fittings so easier to twist on of off and no tool is needed.

Also Thor used two different lengths, the one I did replace was 20 inch but they also have much longer ones also maybe 30 inch?

I just expected Thor to be more insightful and helpful in identifying the parts they used. Customer service was so much better B4 we bought and for the first year we had our 2015 Challenger, then it all just dropped. We found out when looking to replace the molding around the refrigerator Thor no longer carried that Cherry wood color in this 2015 model so out of luck. All and all we have found it very hard to work on and replace things on the Motor Home and very little help from Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum