Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #11
mjdougherty

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Seems strange that a coach coming out of storage, which has never had a problem (especially just prior to last storage.....but also since 2016) with the shower water pressure before, should suddenly have shower flow issues (both hot and cold). So I am just speculating here.....pipe kinking of both hot and cold feeds is possible.....but it has never been an issue before. I would lean to freezing, but once the coach is heated and hot water is also flowing this should not be an issue after some thaw time (assuming the pex has not split and is leaking on both lines).....plus no other water fixtures in the coach are having problems.
So the only other common point seems to be the shower valve itself. Possibly some plastic drilling debris has found its way into the shower valve such that both hot and cold flows are blocked at the valve output ? Would it be possible to open the shower control valve and remove the cartridge temporarily and then run the water for a few seconds to see if any blockage material comes through or if any normal flow results. Of course this could be messy so run the water pump only for a short time; towels at the ready. Can’t suggest anything else but will be curious to find out the final solution.
I'm not sure if I can take the faucet/valve apart to inspect internals ... I will give it a try. If it works it would be a better solution than what the factory suggested ... cutting a panel out of the bedroom wall to allow removal of the current valve and replacing it with a new one (from Home Depot or some other hardware store). That would be a messy procedure, to be sure. I am concerned about dropping something inside the "hidden cavity" that would then require opening up the wall to retrieve it. I'll let you know if I am able to solve the problem this way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.