Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
BobandMary

Brand: DRV
State: Arkansas
THOR #13904
Temporarily lost 12V power

We have a new, one month old, 38 KSSB that we have had at a RV park for one week to check out the water system and yes, the Kantleak does leak, but that's not the main issue. We brought it back home and hooked back up to 50A service here at the house and everything was fine as we unloaded a few things. A day or so later I went inside to find that I didn't have any 12V power. No lights, no A/C/HP due to 12V thermostat. No fuses blown, no breakers tripped. All of the 120V worked, outlets, fridge, fireplace, etc. Spent most of an hour checking everything that I could think of and couldn't find a problem. The batteries would supply 12V even if the converter went down, correct? The battery disconnect was in the on position. Turned it off and back on, no change. Everything seems to be tight in the battery compartment. There is what appears to be a 80A fuse that I didn't check. Is it a fuse or a auto reset breaker? Back into the basement and into the utility compartment I go. I'm not sure why, but while I had the utility compartment open, I turned on the vacuum just to see if it was working I guess. It came on and the 12V power came on immediately, basement lights are now on! Crazy huh. Loose connection somewhere? Coincidence? Anyone have any ideas what/where to look for? I'm baffled at this point.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum