Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #19
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
TheBreeze,yes, you can burn pistons if you run too lean for too long. These newer enginesare REALLY strong though and can take a ton of abuse. If Ford can run these V10'sat stoich (14.7:1 air fuel ratio) for a full minute of WOT before giving it anyextra fuel, I'd say they trust these pistons pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
Andyeah, I also took a cooking class in jr high for the same reason. haha. It wasjust me and one other guy (ugly weird guy at that) in a class full of cuteCalifornia girls. Then in High School I volunteered to be a camp counselor atcamp for 6th graders. Again, about a dozen girl counselors from other schoolsand one other guy that happened to be gay. My buddies all thought I was nutsuntil I came back from a week in the woods with stories about a bunch of hotteenage camp counselors. My momma didn't raise no dummy. lol.
Ok,girls aside, try stay with me here.

I downloaded the SW from the VCM site. After a few trial runs I found files where I didn't want them - namely on the C drive. Maybe you can take this to VCM: They don't have a single user install. It's as though they're setup for a network install where you have multiple Users with their own setups(tunes) and a single SW source. This can be good and bad but that's not the topic at point.

The topic is it doesn't let you select where to place the runtime libraries and tune profiles. The tune profiles land on the C drive. That’s not acceptable. You're somewhat a geek so you should get this.

I run a partitioned HD. Nothing runs on C except the OS. Everything else is stored outside of that boundary on other drives. Tunes are data. Nothing more, nothing less. 3rd party installs and data do not reside in the OS partition.

I tried using Orca to edit the MSI file to point the installation libraries at a different drive. I successfully landed common libraries on the D drive but it placed the tune profiles under C:\User\<username>\... and it cannot be altered. It’s hard coded in the exe somewhere when it should be a variable the exe(MSI) can use to store the tunes on another drive. All that can be stored in the registry so I can't see what the problem is except laziness.

I would like to have this and would spend the money on it and learn it but not if it doesn’t conform to protocol.

Anyideas?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum