Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 03:56 AM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
I noticed at the Tampa show that several brands have some kind of murphy bed unit now, including WinnyB.

Vegas and Axis have a sort of rear living area like you mentioned in the 25.6 and 27.7. The bed is a side slide towards the rear of the driver's side. When the slide is extended and the bed folded, there is padded seating to watch TV. The folded mattress serves as the backrest.
Yes, I’ve seen those and tried sitting on them. In my opinion, they don’t rise to the level of a comfortable couch with lots of space in front of it, so you don’t feel like your sitting facing a wall. Plus a real one-piece queen mattress should be more comfortable too.

In my opinion if you take a 24.1 and add about 18 inches of length to bedroom so it could have an island queen bed, and install it as a Murphy against the back wall, you’d have plenty of room in front of bed to have a nice comfortable couch/lounge area. A Murphy should also add less weight and cost than a slide.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum