Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
If you are looking to do boondocking, north of quartzsite is the Short term visitors area, no cost to stay there and you can stay up to 14 days, South of quartzsite is the Long Term Visitors Area, you can get a 2 week pass I think but not sure what the cost is normally, right now with the government shut down not sure how you can get a pass or if you can even go there, you need a pass and they do patrol it and will chase you out if you dont have a legit pass. Advantage of the LTVA is water, dump and trash is available with your pass. As far as campgrounds I cant answer that although there are a lot of them there and I would imagine you can find something. In the desert, you just pick a place you want to sit, nothing is laid out other than parking somewhere that causes damage to the terrain although if you are expecting sand, it is NOT sand, it is lava rock crushed and lots of dust from the lava grinding into the dirt.

Bob, it IS like woodstock! lol Close to a million people end up there in the winter.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum