Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #11
RDC54

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
The latest additions to the owners manuals for my 2018 Compass are the Thor System Guides...has anyone looked at these? They start with a disclaimer that they are not intended to substitute for the manufacturers manuals...fair enough. But they actually contain some misinformation.

The System Guide for Awnings and Slideouts instructs you to "press and hold" the control button while extending or retracting your awning. This is the same advice I was given during our orientation. I found that I would often overshoot the mark, and the awning would start to retract backwards.

The Carefree Latitude owners manual (which was NOT provided with our coach) clearly states you should press and RELEASE the button. If you do this, the awning will automatically extend or retract and stop at exactly the right spot.

I realize this is not a make or break issue, but the point is that you don't know what you don't know, and I'm not sure you can trust these system guides to contain accurate information. My advice would be to always check the manufacturers manual first...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.