Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 02:54 AM   #3
Rotorhead206

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Texas
THOR #12364
American Car Dolly

Got the dolly delivered to my house just after the New Year, Gary the owner pulled in with a trailer load and gave me a brief demo of how it works. A few days later I hook up the dolly because we have a trip to Florida planned. The first problem I had was the lights did not work, I’ve wired a lot of trailers so I started checking the 7 pin plug, found three wires in wrong terminals. The next problem I had was my brake controller was indicating a direct short on the blue wire (positive wire to brake solenoid), traced the blue wire, was connected to a ground lug on left fender bracket. During all the wire trouble shooting I found that they had not used any wire splices, they twisted the wires together and wrapped with black tape. I contacted Gary about the problems and he said he was sorry for all my troubles but offered no refund. The dolly is well build, has bigger tires and wheels than other Dolly’s I looked at, pulls great, can’t even tell it is back there. The wheel straps that came with the dolly were a poor design, they rubbed on the struts of the vehicle and were frayed badly first time we took the car off the dolly, we purchased a set at Camping World that were a much better design. All said it is a good product, they just need some QA on the wiring problems.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum