Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #9
Rotorhead206

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Texas
THOR #12364
Update of Car Dolly.

We have pulled the ACD about 2000 miles in last few weeks, once we got all the bugs worked out it has been no problem at all. The straps we got from CW have been so much easier to install than the ones we got from ACD. We have learned a few lessons on using a car dolly, make sure every thing is lined up straight when you load the car ie motorhome, dolly and car. Don’t try to move the motorhome and car dolly with just one strap on.

On the lighter side I have to share a scary moment we had with the car dolly. We have the rear camera set up on our ACE, we kept watching the car in the camera when we left on our first trip with the car in tow just making sure it was pulling okay. On the second day of our trip we had stayed the night at a Walmart parking lot in Shreveport, we decided to stop and get breakfast at a Cracker Barrell, while exiting the freeway I looked at the camera and the car was gone. I had a sick feeling in my stomach all of a sudden, I told the wife “look the car is gone” she said what, the car dolly is gone too” about that time I completed my exit of the highway and the car reappeared. We forgot that when you turn the turn signal on the camera changes to the side view, what a scare, we had a good laugh.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.