Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:04 PM   #20
RDC54

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
It actually operates on low pressure like all the rest. You can connect it the same way as any other grill, but remove the "included regulator" from the line on your Camp Chef if using with the quick disconnect of the camper. Remove and carry the hose to any bulk propane retailer and they can make you a hose with the quick disconnects. I had 15' hose made for my Napoleon 285 so I can get it away from the camper and use it in different spots.
Thanks, Gritz! I will definitely check with my local bulk propane dealer. Was hoping I could find something that would work that I could just order online, but no luck. My Camp Chef stove has one of those rigid stems with a special/proprietary fitting on the stove end, and attaches to a 1# propane bottle. I understand that I have to lose the incorporated regulator, but the proprietary fitting seems to be the issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.