Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
air filter maintenance

I have searched many web forums etc and there are many people wondering how to get access to their air filters in a variety of coaches with the newer square style air box (3 clamps on front) and proximity to wiper gear box and motor. I found one post on a Ford truck forum that said you loosen the hose clamp on the air tube (just behind the air box) and release the three front lid clamps, lift the front lid up and push back enough to clear the wiper gear box and motor. I am not sure if the air pipe on the back of the air box will slide inside the air tube to the engine (or the reverse - to allow the lid to move backward toward the engine) when this large hose clamp is loosened. I have concerns about just how far any air pipes will move because of the MAF (mass air flow) sensor location on the side of the air tube behind the air box. I only have 5000 miles on my 2013 ACE 30.1 and a pending trip, so likely the filter is fine and I don't really want to cause a problem prior to our trip. Maybe this will be an end of season checkout/update.

I also pulled the doghouse and the air tube is pretty rigid right from the firewall to the throttle body (and no other connections). There is a large clamp on the air pipe where it connects to the throttle body......but I hope disconnecting this is not required for what should be a simple procedure.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.