Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
that pretty much sums up what I've seen other folks post that they've done.

I can't add anything to it really, except to say I sure do wish they made a smaller ac unit...like in the 5,000 to 6,000 btuh range. I feel like that would be just about the right amount of cooling capacity to add, and it wouldn't require the second shore power drop...giving a much neater install IMO. I looked for one a while back toying with the idea of doing it for my 32 Ft. The only thing I found even close was a little unit sold in the european market.

Anyway, I've read posts by others that have done what you are proposing and are happy with it. Hopefully some of them will post here.

Oh, I will add this thought for brainstorming.... if I were going to do this, I think I might look into heating options for the 2nd unit...a heat pump or perhaps a unit with electric heating....just to give another option for heating when I didn't want to run the furnace.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.