Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #1
Sli22sli

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5526
Condensation under front windows

My Axis 2016 24.1 is stored at my house. I winterized it and had not gone in it for a month or so. I went in recently to start the engine and generator and run it a while. Everything ran well but when I touched the left front wall under the sliding windows - drivers side- by the cup holder - I noticed it was damp. So was the same area on the passenger side. I did not see any signs of water leakage around windows and there was no water on armrests or cup holders- it was just damp. I checked other areas on the walls in the living area, kitchen, bath room, and bedroom and there was no similar dampness(condensation). It had been cold - 15 oF or so in the mornings for a couple of days but it was about 40oF when I started it. I thought it was strange but I wiped the dampness off with a paper towel and the paper towel was not very wet ie not much water involved.

When I went outside I noticed a rectangular area - 6” x 30” -under the sliding windows that had condensation on it. It was on both the passenger and drivers side about in the same area that I had found dampness on the inside. I assume that’s because there is no insulation in that area. There were no other areas on the outside of the Axis that had condensation.

I was wondering if any Axis owners has found similar condensation on the outside and inside under the sliding windows. My best guess is that happened because there is no insulation there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C2FCE022-F6F4-4E4D-8D00-DE1EAF1A1723.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	15302  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum