Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Batteries
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 03:49 PM   #7
Kh4auburn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #14121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Here is something extra I did.
When we are at home, and it is stowed, in its parking spot with 110 nearby.
I bought two separate battery tenders and installed one each to the: coach batteries as a pair, and the chassis battery.
They milli amp charge and will not over charge the batteries while sitting idle.

What I learned from reading these threads, so thank y'all who inform us, is I do not want the tender hooked to the coach batteries, when the 30 amp is plugged in, and when plugged like that, the stow switch needs to be in use position.
Because the coach has a coach battery charger running when hooked to shore power, and use switch on.

That was good to know, because I recently had a 30 amp outlet installed off our garage, where a cement pad is planned for our baby, the RV.

I ran the coach batteries, battery tender lead, up and into the engine compartment.
Now it, and the chassis battery tender lead, being next to each other, I can hide both tenders under the hood.
If you are careful, an extension cord will tuck up into there, and you can close the engine compartment hood.
Every lead is tied to stay in place, but the battery tenders themselves, get removed and stowed once we get under way.
This is my at home stowing modification.
Great information. Thank you. I am having a 50amp breaker installed next week so it will be plugged into shore power anytime it is parked.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.