Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:38 AM   #5
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Does anyone know how the 110 volt outlet by the passenger seat is wired?

I am going to try and "shift" that outlet from GFCI to an inverter circuit. Before I start dismantling the coach "too" much, figured I would ask the gurus on here if anyone had some insight.

I know it is "jumpered" from another GFCI circuit, just not sure which one.

I am guessing the one on the side of the kitchen cabinet (by the door), however with THOR, you cant be sure....
In my coach, the passenger's duplex receptacle is powered by the chassis battery through a 110 watt inverter which is located just behind the plug. If I turn off all power to the coach including the use/store switch, I still have power at the plug forward of the passenger's seat. PDI tech stated that was so you could use a computer on the table without powering the entire coach. My GFCI circuit comes off a separate circuit beaker in the power center and the GFCI breaker duplex receptacle is in the bathroom. The GFCI bathroom receptacle feeds kitchen receptacle and the outside receptacles. The inverter circuit includes the three TVs, the outside frig, and the electronic equipment compartment. I have a propane/electric frig which is on the bedroom duplex receptacles circuit
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum