Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I found two comments on another forum (go Google.)

No. 1Your "satellite ready" cabling was no doubt connected to the on-roof automatic dish and probably goes direct to the satellite receiver as Ned suggests. If you also want to use a portable dish, you may have to run an additional cable to the receiver. If you need to use a "Y" or A/B switch, make sure it is designed for use with a dish. That's because a satellite coax carries a small amount of power to the dish, whereas the "park cable" connector does not. Standard TV adapters/connectors often do not pass the power though so the dish won't work with them.

No. 2The reason it won't work with the dish is because it goes thru the signal booster located somewhere around the upfront TV. Even tho the booster is turned off for park cable, the cable still goes thru the box and screws up the signal if coming from the dish. To make that work for your portable dish, you would have to disconnect the other end from the booster and connect it directly to your Satellite receiver box.

I think I know what I have to do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum