Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I thought about just hooking up a 15 or 20 foot extention cord to the outlet above the sink (or a DVD player - runs on my inverter) and feed it behind the TV, down the trim and mount behind or next to the passengers captain chair. That way its not too big of a project. I have seen some with a normal looking receiptial on one end already.

You could also hard wire from the DVD player recepitcal and run the wire behind the TV and down like I said and have a surface mount recepital (Amazon sells them in black and brown.... they look pretty good).
But I really dont have a need (at this time) for this outlet.... I can alway add later.
I agree
I currently use the two outlets under the cabinets, above the sofa for 110 via the inverter

Also, changing out the outlet by the door from GFI to inverter is a super-ez mod without doing any major alterations

Finally...add a 3 outlet plug adapter to the outlet that powers the TV above the entry door. Then add a short extension cord, hidden behind the TV, running to the front for ez access

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.