Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #17
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdougherty View Post
Yeah, it was no picnic getting that valve out. Had to stick both hands inside the 4 inch hole to reconnect the water lines. It was pretty much a blind operation.

Had to switch gaskets because I dropped the original ones inside the wall. I soaked the valve body in CLR to remove any buildup that I could not see. The sticky poppet valves did not look dirty, but they would not move freely, requiring the application of silicone grease.

It sure was nice to take a long hot shower after I finished with the repair [emoji16]
Thanks for the update , glad you got it going

Your softener may need to be regenerated more often due to higher hardness in the supply, or could be a flow or timing issue

Accidizng the Aquahot might be in order if you have had very high hardness in the water supply and it got by the softener

If you have plenty of hot warm and it sounds like you do then it must be intermittent hardnesd

You can drop some HCl on minerals, if they effervese then it is calcium carbonate and other hardness ions

Salt us soluble in water so most likely not what clogged the faucet

Ran into the same deal using high hardness well water

Currently I use a 75 GPS ro and fill the tank when the supply water is over 400 ppm or so hardness

Takes time but works well

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum