Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #13
kmhappel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #14024
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I feel the equalization is more important for consistent tire temperatures than extending tire life. If one tire is low, excess pressure is placed on the other and heat causes failure. Lots of directions to go on anything but perfectly inflated tires, but equal pressure/equal temperature is the key. Even wear across both is the second benefit. RV tires will dry rot before you need to replace them based on tire wear. Big Rigs drive over 100,000 miles per year so they get multiple benefits from this. Anything is better than nothing.
I agree, the ability to put as much tire footprint on the ground with equal loading seems important to stability. The 20% is nice with the larger tires I am using since they cost 325+ a piece.

Hey gmtech can you do wheelies? jealous...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.