Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 05:49 PM   #10
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
There are a few threads here that specifically address the charging requirements. With my limited knowledge, my understanding is the charging rate has to be reduced as the AGM's can be damaged with the standard output of the converters set up for flooded batteries. There will be a few here that follow the threads and toss in a better description of this process. I don't think affordability has anything to do with it...performance and choice for the specific purpose is what counts. Who spends $150K on a motorhome and can't afford batteries??? We do and plan to do a lot of boondocking. Obviously a battery that would hold up better, serve longer and be less damaged by draw-down in a boondocking situation would be the best option. I came close to buying two 6V AGM's but the conversations around the charging difference made me hold off a bit, until I know more about it. A 3 year, free replacement is a great warranty. Manufacturers don't toss in that good of a warranty without having a product that will mostly perform well during the warranty period. No one has said..."I have AGM's and hate them".
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.