Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
Nursx2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
J & C,

I parked on a level road (actually used my driveway). I used a large 4 foot carpenter's level in the center of the coach placed on the floor with the slide in (running from front to rear). Select manual level (jacks) and raise the front of the coach till it is perfectly level- as read on the level which is on the floor. (Always level front to back first - manufacturer suggestion).

Then I turn the floor carpenter's level so it is going from side to side (left to right). Again use the manual level feature to level the coach so the ball is a little to the left (coach is off level to the right).
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide level.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	683

All depending on how long/heavy your slide is will determine how much off level (left to right) you will need. Then I calibrate the system at that point. The computer will now go to that same spot with the auto level function. When you slide out the driver's side slide, the weight will pull the coach to the left and compensate the "calibrated level" and bring it back to true level - and the door does not stick!

I was extremely lucky as I only needed to do this once, but you may have to experiment to find the sweet spot - depending on how heavy your slide is and how much it moves the coach. Mine has been golden ever since, and we have been out a lot since on all types of sites!

(The level pic is just for illustration purposed of course and yours will be different.)

Good luck!

Darren
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum