Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #40
VinnieSmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 4000
State: Tennessee
THOR #13587
Got to around 10 degrees in Nashville, and stayed sub-freezing for about 2.5 days. Full-timing in the RV, it was a bit chilly. Kept both space heaters going 24/7 and had the furnace set at 62 just to keep a base level. It didn't come on too much. Hung some blankets from the raised bunk to section off the driver area, because that's just a huge source of cold air. Had already used the foil/bubblewrap stuff on the kids' bunks to insulate that a bit, because the condensation on the inside was wetting everything (mildew bedding... yuck!). Got the warmed hose and spigot wrap all in place, and all my plumbing is behind a door, so that stayed good.

The one freeze issue we actually had was the water lines in the full-wall slide (washer and fridge ice) were poking out of the bottom of the slide a bit, and those froze up, making the constant laundry game a bit tough till it thawed out yesterday. Have to spend a bit of time trying to get those squared away. I don't think they've ever been right, as the little canvas/velcro bag they're supposed to be secured in is just kinda flopping around, and one of the hoses is almost wedged under the slide. It's not getting pinched or anything, but I can't seem to move it into the hollow and that sack. But hey, nothing burst, and we're pretty happy about that!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.