Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
You can’t be serious?

I purchased a 2004 Wind Sport 36D coach yesterday. It’s in Titusville Florida and I’m in North Carolina. Fortunately, my Son lives 30 minutes from where the coach is, so he went over, put an eyeball on it and gave them a deposit.

This coming Wednesday, I’m scheduled to drive down and meet the seller, finish the transaction and then head on back to NC with it. Simple enough plan, right? But there’s more to this story. (Always is, right?)

I’ve never even ridden in a motor home, let alone driven one.

That being said, I pulled a 26’ car hauler with a Ford F-250 for a bunch of years, backing into and getting out of, many a tight spot. I have a 10,000 lb trackhoe that I trailer up and down the mountains here in NC, and when I lived by the ocean, I’ve navigated my 40’ boat in and out of the local marinas. Bottom line, I feel I can drive just about anything.

The seller is going to bring the coach to a nearby KOA where he will go over the systems and show me how everything works. I’ll have a couple of days to mess around with it and take it out for a drive should I feel so inclined. And most importantly, I plan to sacrifice a chicken to the Motor Home Gods, just to be on the safe side.

So, am I’m certified crazy, over confident or just mentally maladjusted? And do I have an honest shot of making this trip back to NC or are we going to hear about me in the news on Friday evening?

Any tips and/or suggestions are appreciated!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.