Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 01:48 AM   #1
JosephC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy SP24
State: New York
THOR #11543
Kudos to Thor, Camping World & Lippert

Thor Industries, Camping World and Lippert Components should be complimented for excellent consumer response and care. As you know, Thor Industries as well as Camping World have had their fair share of negative reviews.
While on the road last week, packing up to leave the campground, the slide mechanism on my Thor Synergy Class C motorhome developed malfunction. Upon calling Thor, I received, prompt, efficient and concerned assistance from their Technical Services professionals, Nate and Ron. However, the unit needed to be brought into a shop and the closest one was located in Ft. Meyers, FL.
On Friday, I called Ft. Meyers Camping World, and explained my situation to their service advisor Greg Millis. He expedited the appointment even though they are in the height of their busy season. I spoke with Greg, a concerned individual who understood my situation especially because I needed to be back home ASAP due to an ailing mother. An appointment was made promptly which I appreciated especially due to the scheduling concerns during the winter season in Florida.
The day of the service appointment was met with Greg Millis promptly expediting the motorhome's service evaluation. It turned out that parts needed to be ordered that normally would take 10-14 days. For over three hours, Greg Millis diligently worked on a solution and as a true gentleman, found a solution to the problem. Knowing that time was of the essence, he worked with the Camping World in-house staff as well as Thor Industries and then Lippert Components. This team approach resulted in a viable solution for me.
Manufacturers and dealers are many times, the creators of the RV consumers' nightmares. However, in this case, it took concerned persons at Thor and Camping World along with John Mc Cambridge, at Lippert Components, to go the extra mile and assist a consumer/customer/ fellow person. Their efforts engendered a chain reaction of professionalism, concern and outstanding care.
Please keep in mind, the period in which all of this occurred, was the last week of January, 2019, when the country went into record-breaking cold temperatures. The Thor and Lippert facilities, realized temperature in excess of minus 40 degrees. The stress on any employee would be understandable, considering the hazards in just simply getting to and from work, However, Nate, Ron and John acted completely professional.
So, fellow RV'ers, the next time you consider whether to buy a Thor product, remember that there are in fact, real people like Greg, Nate, Ron and John that do in fact endeavor to please their customers.
Also, when you contact Thor or their vendors, it does not hurt to be respectful of the representatives and treat them as you would wish to be treated. I found that explaining the entire situation, being objective and understanding of the reps as people, only results in a positive outcome. I truly believe that they do want to help us

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.