Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #16
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Last time I bought a truck I paid the dealer to install a class 3 hitch before delivery. It was designed to bolt on with 8 bolts but there were only 5 holding it on. The others didn’t line up precisely enough for the bolts to go through so they just left them off. 10 minutes with a rat tail file fixed it easily enough. I fussed at the dealer and his response was that “these things are so over engineered that it’s not a problem. We do it all the time and never have a problem”!
At least you have the skills, know how, and fixed it properly.
Like you, I feel if it has bolt holes to hold it, there should be a bolt torqued in each one, and of a proper grade.
Their "never had a problem" may bite them in the butt one day.
IMO, that stuff shows poor quality workmanship on their part.
To let it get out the door like that, disgusting!

I was taught young: The quality of your work, is a direct reflection of your craftsmanship!

Experiences of my own, similar to yours here, is what led me to fixing most things myself, and generally over engineering the fix!
Makes you mad sometimes.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum