Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
vt800c

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #13629
Mayday! I broke it!

in November, I purchased a 2017 four winds class C on the Mercedes sprinter chassis. Is it is stored in an RV lot outside and unplugged for the winter, I figured best to pull the house batteries and put them on a charger. My house batteries were not holding or taking a charge. I knew they were toast. As it's stored outside when I got the new batteries, I started and ran the engine to keep things loose while I put them in. Well things were going well, and I had the first battery in and connected, until sliding the second battery into position, and the hot lead touch ground and sparked. Not too bad, I figured. After all, that's what fuses are for. Well, the chassis works (starts and runs, some lights, radio...) But none of the RV systems work. (Rest panel, 12 volt lights, anything..). I checked the fuses in the back power panel, but as the slide is in, not a lot of working room there. All fuses looked good. Is there a master fuse that I need to find and check? Thanks for any advise.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum