Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 10:41 PM   #24
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Check out the mapping online associated with the Thor.com site. It's at www.maps.roadtrippers.com I'm just starting with it and haven't formed an opinion yet, but it looks useful.
I'm working with 3 apps now, RV Trip Wizard, AllStays Camp&RV, and Toad Trippers.

I like RV Trip Wizard but darn, it's full of bugs and slow as molasses. It has a ton of neat stuff and can provide you with a pretty close estimate of what your trip is going to cost. (If that's important)

Road Trippers looks pretty cool, like a mini version of RV Trip Wizard. Best of all, the display is fast. Jury is still out on it but I think it has potential.

AllStays is a completely different app as it's not a trip planner, and they tell you that right up front. But to be honest, I'm not sure a trip planner is what I really need anyway.

On another note, I did some research on Good Sam club this AM. Was quite excited about the services, especially for such small yearly fees. But then I read the reviews on Consumer Reports and decided that I'll take a wait-and-see position on it.

So as it stands at this time, I'll leave here this coming Wednesday about 6:00 AM EST and I'll meet the seller that evening at the Manatee Hammock Park in Titusville, FL.

I'll hang out at the RV park for a day, get a temporary registration from the FL DMV, and head out for NC on Friday AM. I plan to drive for 5 hours and then stay at Reed Bingham State Park that night. It'll be a short day but I want to learn how to set up my rig and it'll be fun to hang out at the RV site and visit with my new (soon to meet) friends.

BTW, I Googled how to set up an RV and found a pretty straight forward, but detailed list of what to do and how to do it. I'll print that and take it with me. I hate that I'm going to look like the "Newbie" when I arrive at the RV Site, but hey, somebody's got to do it...

Stay tuned, the adventure is about to begin!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.