Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #12
sab3864

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Maryland
THOR #12424
I also have the same experience with both of my slides. I finally found that when I put it in Store then Use twice consecutively without putting the slides in or out (which is common when just going in and out getting things between trips, no need to extend slides) is when the error code will occur. Same error for motor 1 for both controllers. For me it doesn't seem to matter which way I hit the switch to reset them, normally I hold extend for a few seconds and if it doesn't do anything i let go and hold it again and then it will go.

It is hard to explain (or at least the dealer acted like they could not comprehend) so let me give an example.

Put in to Store mode, put into Use mode. No error. Put into Store mode a second time, put into Use mode a second time. Error. (hit the switch to clear)

Put in to Store mode, put into Use mode. No error. Put slide out. Put into Store mode a second time, put into Use mode a second time. NO Error. Put into Store mode a third time (twice consecutively), put into Use mode a third time. Error.

Thor and LCI said they thought it was a ground as well. I had it to the dealer twice and they replaced the controller, motor 1, cable from motor 1 to controller, and said they checked all the grounds involved and it still does it. So they got Thor to provide a letter saying it was expected behavior when the power was removed and put back to the motor home. Because even if you swap motor 1 and motor 2 cables on the controller the error always says motor 1, which indicates it is not really a motor problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum