Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #29
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey View Post
We always loved looking and dreaming about the "next/better" thing and spent years working our way up to our first trailer, then gas RV (ACE 29.2) and finally our Palazzo 33.2
I must say this is the first time we have had nothing but positive feelings about every aspect of the RV (except for usual new RV pains, which are minor in comparison, so far...) and the first time I stopped looking for what's next or better.
We enjoy every aspect of the trip (prep, drive, destination) more than ever. We still enjoy seeing others rigs and features or mods.
Sort of like us. My wife always thinks I am never satisfied. It's not that, but needs and abilities change. I have fond memories of the kids in a tent on an island and a boat that barely ran. Then a pop-op. Then better boats. Finally a 23' TT. She finally agreed camping was fun with that one. Those 4 kids kept growing, so we got a 37' TT. That things was fantastic. Until the only time we saw the kids in it was as tag-a-longs for fun.

Last straw was 4th of July 2 years ago. Whole family came to the camp and brought friends. Wife had to get back for work sooner than I did. But next thing you know I look up, and I am all alone to pack up 4 days worth of camping crap. Then as I am breaking things down up comes a thunderstorm. Everything is soaking wet thrown into the bed of the truck. Wet dog up front.

As I struggle to get the TT ready to roll the old guy next to us comes out with his wife. She holds the umbrella as he unhooks the power cable to his Class A and tosses it in the box. He comes over to see me and complain about the weather as his wife goes inside and pulls in the slides, retracts the jacks, and starts the engine. Off he goes with damp shoes down the road. I stand there looking at my big, beautiful TT in the rain and think...SCREW THIS!! I started shopping for Cs and As.

Got us a nice little C last spring with a full wall slide that opens up enough to dance. She and I and the dogs have plenty of room, and now we never have "guests." I mean...no room, right?!? But I will be going to the RV show here on the 17th assuming the winter storm doesn't keep me up north. We may have grandkids in the next few years. So a 32-ish' A might be just the right thing then. But right now I love this C. 10k miles in the first year
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.