Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #101
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag8015 View Post
Sounds good, I have a Vegas 24.1 and was told the HWH might not fit because of ground clearance, Maybe the kick down type would be better. Any suggestions?
I’ve got the HWH straight leg levelers with joystick controller on my Vegas.
We chose the straight leg vs kick-down based on ease of install. That is...a true bolt on, no holes drilled, no chassis modifications needed vs the kick-down levelers which would have required chassis fabrication & a generator re-alignment.

Also, instead of a keypad, we have the joystick controller mounted on the floor to the left of the driver’s seat, directly behind the cup holder/speaker console.

I did spend more on my HWH than the standard BigFoot system, but my straight leg system saved me $$$ over the kick-downs w/ keypad controller.

Regarding underside clearance...the bottom of the levelers are approximately 7-8” off the ground. There are other Ford OEM underside components that actually sit lower than the feet.

If you look at most Class A’s with factory installed Lippert levelers, their underside clearance is very similar

HWH 225 Straightleg System for E350/450

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum