Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
RobertinLubec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS31
State: New York
THOR #14399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_C View Post
Hey guys,

Hope you can offer your advice.

Planning for a vacation in summer to Nova Scotia from NY with my family. We want to travel by our RV. I bought my Tundra last year at a great deal and I’m yet to mark a journey on it. I purchased camper tie downs and some camping supplies from RV Parts for my Northstar 650 camper. I and my wife love trekking, so we bought trekking gear too along with some kitchen supplies and attractive barbecue cooktop. We are planning for a 12-day trip. Since we both know how to drive, we hope to make the trip to Nova Scotia in a day. Are there any formalities we require to fulfill before we begin our trip?
I have looked for outdoor activities in Nova Scotia, and some attractive tour packages from their website. But we love to explore the unexplored attractions of a place. So if you guys have been there, could you suggest me places which are not known to many but safe to go to? And places need to be RV friendly too if possible.
Sounds like a nice trip. Make sure while in Halifax you visit the maritime museum and visit the Titanic gravesite. From there, visit Peggy's Cove, Lunenberg (If your lucky, the Blue Nose schooner will be in port) which has a nice museum on the waterfront and includes some old fishing vessels, Woodstock (Hank Snow Museum - very nice in an old train station) and spend some time in Yarmouth before heading back to St. John. The west coast of NS is very pretty, try stopping at Port Maitland and check out the beautiful sandy beaches and nice park, Enjoy you trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.