Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
If you have the winegard for Directv, you should look for a SWM box. The SWM box needs AC power. The dish coax cable connects to the SWM box, from the SWM box you will have a coax cable that you will connect to your sat 1 input.

The SWM box looks like a power converter, black box, approx 4 or 5 inches long, it will have an AC power cord along with the RF coax connections. For me it is located in the same compartment that the Winegard control box is.
Thanks Brian. I found the power inserter and the swm splitter behind a panel, that had to be removed (and much gnashing of teeth), on the left side of the entertainment cabinet. The splitter has 4 outputs, three were capped. Finally figured out the one with the output cable attached went to the bedroom tv. There was no output cable stubbed out into cabinet where the receiver box rests. Once I ran a cable from one of the capped outputs to the receiver all is working as it should. JOY!!!

For those of you looking for a picture of the swm power inserter, here is the Winegard manual for the Model SK-SWM3. There is a picture of the inserter on page #2.

http://www.winegard.com/help/images/8/89/2452282.pdf

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum