Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #13
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Yes, but you are not struggling with 10 gal tanks that weigh in at 76 lbs full...and are mounted one behind the other. It is a strength test that is just about to over work me.
When heartland switched from 40’s to 30’s in the Landmarks their response was that the change was based on consumer response to the extra weight. Yet when all the members of the club and forum were queried no one looking to or who recently bought wanted smaller tanks.

Given the choice I would prefer to deal with the extra 10 pounds of propane quantity and resulting tank weight less frequently that extra quantity allows.

I don’t use the auto switchover. I use the outer tank until empty. I’ll then use the inner tank until I get it filled. Filled tank then goes to the inner.

I’m still on my first tank with this trailer, but with 30’s in the previous trailer I was getting about a season and a half out of a tank.

On a side note, when filling tanks at the Local Ace hardware the ‘kid’ asked me what the 56# was sharpied on the tank. Told him that is what it is supposed to weigh when filled. He said ‘oh’ and took it back to the fill station.

I have only been to one facility that charged by gallons dispensed. I would think small propane tank filling is something state ‘weights and measures’ could oversee.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum