Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #28
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I've noticed that state parks (where we like to frequent) tend to be a bit run down...not overall necessarily...but here and there. It often seems to me that for whatever reason there just isn't enough in the budget. That's just the feeling I get....so why not increase income a bit by adding sites?

I often wonder what the thought processes are for determining when to refurbish a loop...or more to the point of this thread to add a loop.. Because it seems that more often than not these state and other govt parks could easily handle some percentage more sites without negatively impacting things.
Plenty of acreage available....sometimes I even see places in an existing loops where there is plenty of room to add a site here or there without impacting at all the separation between sites...the nature or feeling of privacy that I value greatly....... and in these cases the power and water is already running right down the road so it would be easy and cheap to tap in.
or
another thought I've considered is the idea of having overflow options...even dry camp areas or lots that might be useful occasionally during peak demands. Always of course a balance though, of limiting the impact, overcrowding, etc... I just think it could be done in some cases.

I don't know...I guess I see turnerfarm's point about these not being business oriented.... I just wonder what that decision process is like then if it's not about keeping visitor numbers up.

And yes, I certainly understand the idea of a goal to be 100% full every night.....but there's also an idea a business should hold onto about never having to turn away customers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.