Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:59 AM   #6
JimSpy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDC54 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, I would be curious to know what you figure out on this one. I think I have a similar thermostat in my 2018 Compass, but have not seen my display do what yours is doing (yet)
Well, if I'm reading it right, apparently it's supposed to do what it's doing.

First of all, my model # is 331-2024 (without humidifier). It's also called a CCC-2.

Next, I think this is the applicable section:

Auxiliary Heat (Heat Pump Models Only)
Auxiliary heat operation will be activated when the measured temperature of the outdoor
temperature sensor is less than 30º F. If the system is equipped with a furnace,
the control will select FURN heating mode for the auxiliary heat source. Auxiliary
heat operation, once initiated, will have priority over a heat pump defrost cycle.
Auxiliary heat operation will be de-activated and the heat pump operation will resume
when the temperature of the outdoor temperature sensor is higher than 35º F.

My thermostat display was alternating between HP and FURN when the temperature was below freezing. I think this indicates that I had set it to HP, but it was overriding my setting in favor of FURN. It went back to HP after the temperature warmed up.

My only concern with this was that I think FURN is using LPG, is it not? And I was low on LPG, so what happens if it runs out?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.