Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Water tanks
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 PM   #20
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Water tank full all the time and cases of bottled water to drink and a Katadyn Pocket Water Filter. It's one of life's necessities. One of the greatest features of an RV is self-sustainability in an unplanned event. Coach stays pretty stocked with daily needs and has several weeks of freeze dried foods that have 30 year shelf life. I also want to know the quality of water in my tank. Many CG's have wells that are very susceptible to contamination. Every time I leave the house I look at it as if..."what if something really bad happened while we're out...how well am I prepared to deal with it and what do I have in here if nothing else is available?" The "Rules of Three" are my guiding light. Oxygen within 3 minutes, water within 3 days, food within 3 weeks...or die.
I think about the same kinds of issues. I love my katadyn pocket water filter! I have the ubiquitous life straws, too. I keep fresh bottled water on board & I also put a filter on my fresh water line that attaches at CGs (no idea if it works - so I still filter in the rig). I believe in redundancies. I keep good array of medic & primal gear on me for edc, in mini go bags, 72hr bobs & larger vehicle bobs. I'm rethinking how to parcel it up now that I'm in my rig. Oh, & Radar has his own bob in his harness bags for when we are out and about...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum